Community Accord is a mediation service based in Bradford, West Yorkshire. We are looking for Associates to work with us on a case by case basis.
We offer a service to Local Authorities, Housing Associations and Employers nationwide, delivering Special Educational Needs (SEND), Neighbourhood, Workplace and Family mediation services. We have a contract with the LAA for Family Mediation. Community Accord is also a training organisation that delivers mediation/dispute resolution training around the country.
Community Accord’s mediators hold a minimum Level 3 in Mediation Skills or equivalent. The organisation and all its mediators are affiliated with the College of Mediators, CMC or FMC.
An Associates role:-
- Pre-joint session case assessment work.
- Organising and delivering Joint Mediation sessions to our agreed timescales.
- SMART agreement writing.
- Responsibility for caseload and accurate monitoring and reporting.
- Working independently.
- Practising accredited Mediator.
- SEND Accredited
- Qualified to Certa Level 3 in Mediation Skills (or equivalent).
- Minimum one year’s experience of mediation casework, either in the SEND, Family or Neighbourhood Mediation.
- Commitment to working in an impartial, non-judgemental and confidential manner.
- A disclosure (criminal records check) with the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
- Commitment to safeguarding practices.
- Excellent telephone etiquette.
- Valuing an empathic approach to parties.
- Willingness to travel to areas of work as necessary. (Yorkshire/Humberside/Lincolnshire)
- Commitment to continuous professional development.
- Ability to communicate effectively and appropriately – written and orally.
- Commitment to a high quality of service.
- Good IT skills
- Reliable, trustworthy and punctual.
- Adherence to Community Accords SLA and working practices.
An appreciation of a co-operative approach to company decision making. At present all staff are working via video platforms.
If you are interested in this opportunity please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.