Disputes between family members can be extremely distressing for everyone involved and can have a long term and widespread impact throughout the whole family. Mediation can help sort out the problems that have lead to the dispute, clear up misunderstandings and help you find a practical way forward. Family mediators can help resolve a range of disputes including:
- Contact arrangements for children
- Property and finance arrangements when couples separate and/or divorce
- Parent / grandparents disputes
- Disputes between parents and their grown (or growing up) children
- Arguments between sisters and brothers
- Family business disputes
Sorting your family dispute through mediation means that those directly involved decide how things are resolved. This avoids the need to resort to legal action or asking a court to make a decision for you. Mediators work from the basis that you know best what is right for you and your family.