There are many benefits to being a Practitioner member of the College of Mediators:
- Covered by the College’s long-established and widely-recognised standards and codes of practice.
- Join the College at a number of levels and rates; only £22 – £152 per year, depending on your practice needs and income.
- Mediate in publicly funded cases if you are an Accredited Family Mediator.
- Listed on our public website and receive referrals from our telephone help line, staffed from 8.30am to 6.00pm, Monday to Friday.
- Reciprocal web links on your and our websites.
- Display the College of Mediators logo on your publicity.
- Special discounted rate with Towergate or Oxygen Insurance.
- Very special rates for College CPD events such as the annual conference and the Professional Practice Consultant conference.
- Keep up-to-date with news, training, jobs and the latest thinking in mediation with our monthly Mediation Digest.
- Online access to the College’s biannual journal, Mediation Theory and Practice.
- Be involved in developments at the forefront of mediation and develop new areas of expertise in your own practice.
- Benefit from national publicity generated by the College which is regularly approached by the media for information and articles.
- Have a voice at a national level to ensure that mediation gets the support and recognition it deserves.
- Be part of a growing, international community of mediators offering mediation provision in all areas of dispute.
The range of benefits offered by College membership is growing all the time as the College team works tirelessly to ensure that the College of Mediators offers the best professional membership to its members and promotes best mediation practice to the public, the government and other professions.
Trained Mediators: (T.M.C.M.) Previously known as Standard membership
These are adult mediators who have successfully attended a College recognised training course. The course includes a level of assessment which states that the mediator has an understanding of the principles and process of mediation and has demonstrated the basic skills of a mediator based on role play. To maintain your membership as a Trained Mediator you must complete at least 15 hours mediation each year, receive supervision and participate in regular CPD training.
Accredited Mediators: (A.M.C.M.) Previously known as Approved/Recognised membership
These are Trained Mediators who have, in addition, completed a College approved competence assessment process based on real cases and can demonstrate their skills and knowledge to a higher level in a variety of cases. To maintain your membership as an Accredited Mediator you must complete at least 15 hours mediation each year and also receive the College specified level of supervision and participate in at least 10 hours College recognised CPD per year.
To join us as a new member, follow this simple three step process. Existing members will be notified via email about their membership renewal.
Please contact the College office with any queries about membership email@example.com